Welcome to the Nashville Chapter of CSI
We appreciate your interest in the Nashville Chapter of the Construction Specifications Institute and hope you find a way to attend one of our regular
meetings! We are fortunate to have such a great community of design and construction industry professionals – and we look forward to meeting you soon.
Our Chapter meets regularly on the 3rd Tuesday of the month, January through November (with a break in July) from 12:00-1:00pm with registration and networking beginning at
11:30am. Our meetings are held at the Tennessee Engineering Center located just inside the Adventure Science Museum at 800 Fort Negley Blvd. in Nashville, TN.
In addition to our regular chapter meetings, we also hold regular SpecHeads meetings where the topics are generally more technical in nature but the atmosphere is relaxed.
SpecHeads meet on the 2nd Tuesday of the month at Southland Brick and Block, 667 Wedgewood Ave, in Nashville.
Please contact us with any questions regarding meeting times and topics, membership, or special event information. See you at our next meeting!
January Specheads Meeting
Tuesday, January 10th, 2017
When: Tuesday, January 10th, 2017 11:30am (networking/lunch) 12:00pm-1:00pm (program)
Where: ** New SpecHeads Address **
Southland Brick and Block Design Center - 3643 Trousdale Drive, Nashville, TN 37204
Presenter and Sponsor: Michael Graham Johnson - Soprema
Topic: SBS Roofing Technology & Design
• History and development of SBS-modified bitumen systems, including addition of FR additives impacting sheet performance in a catastrophic fire event allowing protection for building occupants.
• Modified bitumen sheet anatomy, incorporating discussion of self-adhered cold adhesive installations and their impact on building occupants.
• Methodology of roof system application, including pertinence to environmental and safety impact.
• Review modified bitumen membrane surfacing options including highly reflective surfacing materials and their impact on building performance and subsequent occupant comfort.
Credits: 1.0 (Qualifies for HSW, eligible for RCI and CEH)
CLICK FOR MORE INFORMATION
January Membership Meeting
Tuesday, January 17, 2016
When: Tuesday, January 17th, 11:30am (registration) 12-1pm (program)
Where: Tennessee Engineering Center, 800 Fort Negley Blvd., Nashville (map)
Presenter: Juan R. Self, AIA, NOMA - Self + Tucker Architects
Topic: Tragedy to Transformation: The National Civil Rights Museum:
Intersection of Architecture, History, Culture and Place
The National Civil Rights Museum at the Lorraine Motel in Memphis is the site of the assassination of renowned civil rights leader, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. The site of this tragic event has been transformed into an international touchstone for those wishing to commemmorate Dr. King’s life and legacy and a “Mecca” for those wanting to learn of the Civil Rights Movement in the US. However, transformation is not without its challenges.
◦ Learn about the changing roles of museums of history and culture and why a “Second Birth” was required at the National Civil Rights Museum.
◦ Understand some of the renovation challenges in redeveloping a museum and keeping it accessible to all.
◦ Review the creative use and re-use of materials to save costs and planet resources.
◦ Examine the integration of design and technology to enrich the visitor experience and engage the culture.
CLICK FOR MEETING INFORMATION
CSI Chapter Members, No Charge; Non-Members and Guests, $25
2017 CDT Classes & Certification
The Construction Specification Institute (CSI) offers the following certifications and administers examinations in the Fall and Spring as part of the certification process:
• CDT: The Construction Documents Technologist Certificate is a comprehensive overview for anyone who writes, interprets, enforces, or manages construction documents.
• CCS: The Certified Construction Specifier demonstrates excellence in specifications & contract document preparation.
• CCCA: The Certified Construction Contract Administrator truly understands all facets of the construction process & contractual relationships.
• CCPR: The Certified Construction Product Representative has an in-depth understanding of the construction process & superior ability in effective representation.
CSI NASHVILLE CERTIFICATION CLASSES
WHEN: Thursday’s from 6:00pm - 8:00pm starting on January 19, 2017 and runs for 10 weeks.
WHERE: Associated General Contractors of Tennessee - 2612 Westwood Drive, Nashville, TN 37204
You may park in front, at the side or behind the building. Come in the main front entrance – it is a normally locked building, but someone will be at the door to let you in.
COST: FREE and CEU’s / PDH’s / LU’s will be offered.
REGISTER: Registration is required. For questions or to sign-up, email: Carl Manka at CManka@comcast.net or Lynn Jolley at LJolley@comcast.net.
To download class information and agenda CLICK HERE.